Join our exclusive priority club for FREE ACCESS to the latest deals...
Why invest in Portuguese property?
- Why Invest in Portugal? – Price growth, Rental yield, unrivalled building regulations – a truly world-class country with its warm, pleasant climate, a lively Mediterranean culture and strong travel links with the UK, Portugal retains a strong attraction for British buyers looking for a second property abroad.
- The government in Portugal introduced strict building regulation laws in the early part of the 90‟s – meaning that construction of new properties has slowed considerably during the last decade. Because of this, the Portuguese property market has risen steeply in recent years.
- Currently, Portugal is fourth on the list of popularity for UK overseas property buyers – with the Office of National Statistics estimating that Brits bought 5,100 homes there in 2004/5.
- The Portuguese government is committed to raising this number as it sees future growth as being of economic importance.
- Mortgages are typically fairly easy to source in Portugal – and providers in the country pride themselves on their flexibility and the speed of service they are able to give.
- Portugal’s Property Market has been one of the least effected by the credit crisis
- Portugal offers investors an established market in a secure location with good rental potentials due to the steady touristic market.
- Portugal has received a €21bn investment pledge from the EU for infrastructure and development, set aside several years ago as part of the EU‟s ongoing focus of developing it’s members economies
- Portugal is the 3rd most highly rated place to invest according to A Place in the Sun
- Strict Build regulations has led to a lack of available property which has increased demand
- 80% LTV Mortgages still exist in Portugal
Contact Us Now!